aha Makalali Private Game Lodge
- CardYou must show your GoRhino card on arrival
- Mobile paymentYou must telephone book in advance and mention GoRhino
- MonThe GoRhino Card can be used on Mondays
- TueThe GoRhino Card can be used on Tuesdays
- WedThe GoRhino Card can be used on Wednesdays
- ThuThe GoRhino Card can be used on Thursdays
- FriThe GoRhino Card can be used on Fridays
- SatThe GoRhino Card can be used on Saturdays
- SunThe GoRhino Card can be used on Sundays
- Print this page
Establishment Write Up
Makalali Private Game Lodge (Makalali which means place of rest), was an old cattle farm when it was bought in the early nineties. Restocking and regeneration of the veld were top priorities, but so was creating a lodge with a difference. The innovative design was conceived by Sylvio Rech who envisaged a lodge built under the giant trees that guard the river.
Makalali Private Game Lodge provides a dining experience that is relaxed and informal. Our chefs produce a line up of dining experiences, from dinner in the bush to a ‘boma dinner’ under the stars.
We pride ourselves on going ‘the extra mile’ and creating exclusive settings, whether it’s for a romantic wedding, a conference, or private dining event.
Makalali Private Game Lodge offers a range of activities from rafting, abseiling, hot air balloon rides, golfing excursions, to visiting the Cheetah Breeding Project.
“GoRhino members qualify for 15% off the best available rate”.
Discount does not apply to special offers and promotions. Subject to availability.
Tzaneen, Limpopo, South Africa
086 114 3643